Search The Blog

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Review - My first Glossybox



Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking about signing up to Glossybox for a while now and seeing different bloggers post about their March box made me go for it. For those who aren't familiar with Glossybox it's a subscription service where you get a box each month containing five miniature beauty products and sometimes full size ones. The March box contains four full size products! The value of the products you get should always be more than what you pay each month and the products will be a surprise, you can't choose what you get.

You can sign up on a month to month basis for
£10 per month meaning you can cancel at any time. There is also a three month plan at £9.50 per month, a six month plan at £9 per month and a twelve month plan at £8.50 per month so you save more if you commit for longer. Bear in mind that you'll have to pay for all the boxes upfront on the three, six and twelve month plans. You also pay £3.25 postage per box. I went for the monthly plan where your £10 just gets taken each month. Once you've signed up you just have to sit back and wait for the box to arrive each month :)

The first thing I noticed when the box arrived was the beautiful packaging. Even the outer cardboard box it comes in was decorated with the Glossybox logo. Once you open it up you see the actual Glossybox itself which is a lovely glossy pale pink colour. I'm definitely planning on using the boxes for makeup storage or find other uses for them




Inside the box is a copy of the glossy magazine and a card which gives you information about the products included in the box. I thought this was a nice touch and I enjoyed reading the magazine. The card tells you a little bit about the products and brands, directions for use, how much the full size costs and where you can buy it. There are also discount codes for some of the products in the box if you want to re purchase.




 The products are beautifully packaged in tissue paper with a ribbon





Once you open the tissue paper you'll find your products





The products in the March box are -


 Mitchell and Peach body cream (40ml) - smells amazing!




 Sleek Makeup pout polish in chocolate kiss ((full size)



 Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd shimmer powder in Lava (full size)




Helenere Maitrise du Temps (full size) This is normally £38.50 so really great to have this in the box!




Dove hair Therapy intensive repair 60 second treatment shot (full size)



I liked that there's a good mix of products in the box including hair, body and makeup. I'm most excited to try the Helenere anti ageing serum, I always get really excited for new anti ageing products! I added up the value of the products in the box and it came to £65.47! The boxes vary each month and it may not always be as high a value but I thought it was great to pay £10 and get £65 worth of products. I've read some blog posts and seen you tube reviews where people have been disappointed that some of the products are miniature or they feel like it's not good value for money but I think you have to appreciate the service for what it is. Rather than seeing it as a way to get cheap full size products I see it as a way to try things I wouldn't have otherwise bought and you also have to remember that many of the products are luxury, high end items so you're getting to try things that might otherwise be out of budget.

I really loved the experience of receiving and opening the box and I can't wait for the next one. I also thought the products included were great and I'm looking forward to trying and reviewing them properly. I'm definitely glad I signed up and I'd recommend it to others who love to try new beauty products and like getting pretty things in the post :)

Go to the Glossybox website to sign up or find out more

 http://www.glossybox.co.uk/?utm_expid=76017516-12.Eza81r1fRV2izhfxZigjhA.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glossybox.co.uk%2F



Are you part of the Glossybox family? Let me know what you think in the comments.


Speak to you all soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment