Search The Blog

Thursday 10 April 2014

Loreal True match foundation review



Hey :)

I've finally got around to trying Loreal True Match foundation which I've been meaning to do for a really long time so I wanted to do a quick review for you. Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on so I got a bit of discount on the usual £9.99 price tag. I always find it difficult to choose the right shade of foundation with the bright lighting most shops seem to have. I went for shade D1.W1 (golden ivory) which is slightly more yellow toned and one of the palest shades they have. They had a good range so everyone should be able to find one to suit them.








The bottle has a pump which I'm always a fan of so it's easier to get the right amount and it's more hygienic. I was quite surprised at how thin the formula is. For some reason I was expecting it to be a bit thicker which I find easier to apply but it was still easy enough.






The description on the bottle says the foundation 'gives you a beautiful flawless-looking complexion...your skin only better' and also that your skin feels smoother and looks healthier after two weeks and the appearance of skin quality is improved. The other main selling points are that it matches your skin colour and texture and is super blendable. Those are some pretty big claims so does it deliver?

I applied it with a real techniques buffing brush which seemed to work well and it did blend really easily which makes it a good option if you're in a hurry. It gives a medium coverage which you can build although I generally prefer full coverage. The shade matched really well and once I set it with a powder I was pleased with how it looked. By the end of the day it had worn away a little around my chin and nose but I do have oily skin so that does tend to happen to me if I don't use a long wear foundation. It gives a nice, slightly glowy finish but its subtle and doesn't look overly shiny or anything especially if you set it with a powder.


Conclusions

This isn't a full coverage or long wearing foundation but it doesn't claim to be. It matched my skin well and was definitely very easy to blend so it lives up to that claim.

It's not the best option for a very oily skin but would be great for normal to slightly dry. It's a great everyday option and the price of £9.99 is pretty good.

As for my skin looking smoother and healthier after 2 weeks, I can't honestly say I noticed any difference but I wasn't really expecting to. I'd be really surprised to find a foundation that actually improves my skin.

I probably won't be re purchasing as I have really oily skin so I prefer a long wear, full coverage foundation but I'd definitely recommend it if you have normal skin.

Have you tried Loreal True Match? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Byeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment