Search The Blog

Wednesday 30 July 2014

July favourites


Can we believe it's almost August?! These monthly favourites posts really hit home how quickly each month seems to be rolling by this year! As always I have some new products and some rediscoveries among my faves this month.


Bourjois Rouge edition velvet in Hot pepper (03)




This product is my new best friend, I LOVE it! In fact,
I'm off to buy it in some different shades this afternoon. It glides on easily, lasts all day through eating, drinking and talking and I love the matte finish. Definitely try this if you get the chance.
                            

Make up forever HD powder



I bought this a couple of years ago at Sephora in Vegas and hadn't used it for a while but recently I was feeling like my skin looked quite uneven and I couldn't seem to get a good finish with my foundation. I hunted around in my powder collection and found this and I'd forgotten how amazing it is! It really does give a flawless airbrush type finish and don't be alarmed at the white colour, it blends in perfectly well.

          
Real Techniques buffing brush


This is the brush I've been using to apply the HD powder and it's perfect as it's not too big. You do have to really buff the powder into your skin rather than just dusting it on with a big powder brush and this smaller buffing brush really does the job well.



Duo brush on false lash adhesive
  

For some reason after three years of using the regular duo eyelash glue my eyes suddenly decided they were allergic to it! I just used it as normal one day and my eyelids went all puffy and sore. I took to the internet in a panic as I had terrible visions of never being able to wear false lashes again. I came across this version of the duo glue which is latex free and supposed to be good for sensitive eyes. I ordered it immediately and thankfully my eyes have been fine the last couple of times I've worn false lashes. Phew!



Urban Decay De slick setting spray


It's been really hot here in the UK the last few weeks and my skin has been up to it's usual tricks of looking more oily and shiny than usual. I've had this for a while so I've started using it in my daily routine again and it's definitely helped control the shine. I use it under my foundation rather than as a finishing spray.

                          
Garnier ultra lift eye contour care


I'm always on the look out for products to improve my eye area and I've really been liking this one. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy and sinks in right away. It's also a really good price which is always a plus for an eye cream and I do think my dark circles have improved since using this too.


So those have been my favourites in July. Please share your favourites in the comments, I love to know what everyone's been using :)

No comments:

Post a Comment