Search The Blog

Sunday 1 June 2014

May favourites


Time for more favourites! I discovered some real gems this month so Here's my pick of the best bits.



Max factor facefinity all day primer



This is one of those
'OMG how did I ever live without this' kind of products. I have oily skin and this does the best job of keeping oil at bay and keeping my foundation in place. Check out my full review here. This is available at Boots for £10.99



Tanya Burr nail polish in Bright and Early


I've been loving all things coral, peach and orange lately and I love this shade from Tanya's range of glosses and nail polishes. You can get this from Superdrug (selected stores and online) or feel unique for £5.99



Sally Hansen airbrush legs


I have super pale skin so this product has been amazing for me. It's not fake tan but 'leg makeup'.  I use this in the shade light and it gives my legs a nice glow, takes the edge of the bright white colour and generally evens everything out. I also did a full review of this here. The price varies quite a bit depending where you buy it from so shop around but you can get it from Boots at £13.99.



Illamasqua skin base foundation


I've had this foundation for ages and I've recently rediscovered it. I hadn't used it for a while as I think my skin is a bit too oily but with the max factor primer underneath it works really well and lasts much longer. This is available from Debenhams for £32.



Smashbox limitless liquid liner


This has been my go to liner when I'm in a rush and haven't got time to use my gel liner with a brush which takes a little longer. It's super easy to apply and I haven't had any problems with flaking or fading etc. It gives more of a shiny finish than a gel liner but for everyday when I don't have much time it's really great. This is £16 from smashbox.co.uk


Mac fix plus


I go through phases of using this and I've recently been using it as a facial mist before I go to sleep as my skin felt a bit dehydrated. You can also use it for sheering out foundation or misting over the top of foundation if you feel like you've applied a little too much powder. This is £14.50 from Debenhams or Mac stores (the photo is of the travel sized version)


Benefit fake up


This is another product that I've had for a while and recently started using again. It's really great if your under eye area is a bit dry and patchy and it really brightens if you've been feeling a bit tired. This is featured in my you tube video on how to banish dark circles. You can watch it here. This is £18 at Debenhams.

So those have been my fave bits and bobs in May. Let me know yours in the comments below.

Talk to you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment