Search The Blog

Sunday 9 November 2014

Urban Decay Naked palette review with swatches


A few weeks ago I finally purchased the Urban Decay Naked2 palette I'd been eyeing for a while and within a few days I'd ordered the original naked palette too. I was so impressed with the pigmentation of the shadows that I was instantly hooked! I wasn't planning on buying the Naked3 as it has more rose and pink type shades which don't suit me as much but I have a feeling the urge to complete the set will force me to get it anyway :) The original and Naked2 palettes really do live up to the hype in my opinion.


Here's a closer look at the Naked Palette - check out my review of the Naked2 here





The first thing I noticed when I opened the box is
the packaging. It has a velvety fabric finish which gives it a sleek, high end feel. The only downside I can see is that it could get dirty more easily being a fabric finish but I'm pretty good at keeping all my makeup clean so it's not too much of a concern for me. There are some samples of the four different shades of primer potion included in the box which is another of my favourite products from Urban Decay. You also get a brush included which is better than most brushes you find in eyeshadow palettes, the blending end of the brush is particularly good






There are twelve shades in the palette, two matte shades and the rest are frost/shimmery. There's only one shade which is included in both the Naked and Naked2 which is half baked. My instant favourites are toasted, gunmetal, sin and buck





I really could just take this one palette if I was travelling and I'd be able to create plenty of different day and night time looks. For me, the two shades that make this palette more versatile than the naked2 are gunmetal and toasted. Gunmetal combined with creep will create a dramatic dark smokey eye for evenings and toasted has a pinky tone to it which gives you a different option to the brown and gold shades and is great paired with sin.

At £37 this isn't a budget option but it's worth every penny and when I think that I pay £10 for each of my Mac shadows this is a great price for 12 shades. If you haven't tried any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes I would highly recommend trying the original palette first. I just can't believe I didn't try it sooner.

You can purchase it here or here

Have you tried any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment