Search The Blog

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Urban Decay primer potion vs elf eyelid primer


Hi Everyone!

With the huge difference in price between £1.95 and £16 I was really interested to see how these two products compare. You get 11ml in the Urban Decay tube and 5ml in the elf tube but it's still a big difference in price.





Urban Decay primer potion is
one of my absolute favourite products, I love it! It really does hold my eye shadow in place all day without creasing no matter how long a day I've had. At £16 for 11ml it's a little pricey but you can also get a smaller travel size at £8 which is great if you want to try it first without paying for the full size one. The formula is quite thick and is pretty much invisible when you've blended it in


  Urban Decay primer potion partially blended in


You only need a very small amount and a tube lasts ages so it's good value. It really does make any shadow colour look more intense and gives a smooth base. Make sure you apply it evenly all over the lid, if you miss the inner corner and you're using a dark shadow it can look obvious that you missed a bit!


 Mac shadow 'humid' with Urban Decay primer on the right and without on the left
                                                   



The elf eyelid primer (in shade 'sheer') is £1.95 for 5ml which is an amazing price. The formula is a lot thinner than the Urban Decay primer potion but it does have an application wand which makes it a little easier to apply to the eye





Again, you only need a small amount and if you put too much on it can be difficult to blend. It feels a bit wet when you first apply it and I find I need to keep my eye closed for a few seconds for it to set otherwise it creases a bit. It's colourless the same as the primer potion





 Mac eyeshadow 'humid' with elf eyelid primer on the right and without on the left


I was very pleasantly surprised with how this performed. It lasted all day and I noticed only the tiniest bit of creasing and only when I used it with a very dark colour. You'd have to be really looking very closely to notice so it wasn't a big deal.


I still prefer my beloved Urban Decay primer potion but I'm really impressed with the elf eye primer and it's a great alternative if you're looking for something more reasonably priced. I'd be happy using either of them. Elf often have 30, 40 or even 50% off sales on their website so if you head to www.eyeslipsface.co.uk and sign up for their newsletter you'll be the first to know when they have a sale on.


Have you used either or both of these products? Let me know what you think of them in the comments below.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment